Why I created the Christian Gratitude Journal
I worked tirelessly on this journal with my editors and publishers to ensure that it was released before my dad’s 1st anniversary. It is, in essence, showing my gratitude to my Lord Jesus Christ… For His tireless pursuit and His saving Grace…
See, my father re-dedicated his life to Jesus on 7/7/2018. When I received the news, I remember running down the stairs at 5 am as my sister woke me up to tell me that our prayers had been answered. We rejoiced!
So when my father passed away on June 17th, 2020, from End-Stage Renal Disease, we unanimously agreed that he would be buried on 7/7/2020. The number 7 biblically represents “completion,” so we found that fitting to be the date of his burial as well as a celebration of my father’s life.
You can read a dedication post about my father titled “Till we meet again (Farewell Baba).”
Aside from this journal being a dedication, I saw a genuine need to use my professional gifts to create a gratitude journal. Why? because of gaps that I saw when still working in the Clinical Field. (I explain this in my letter on the first page of the journal).
More about the Journal Structure and Layout
This is a beautiful and well-intentioned journal it has a smooth progression in terms of layout. The journal starts with simple guided prompts on days 1–5 and then moves to less structured prompts as you become more comfortable with journaling. Unlike other journals that focus on repetitive prompts, this one focuses on the depth of gratitude journaling.
What this Gratitude Journal seeks to do:
- Help you set an attitude or lifestyle of gratitude.
- Enable you to reflect on God’s provision in your life.
- Support you to become more self-aware about your relationships.
- Shift your perspective and help you focus on what matters.
- Acknowledge each of your favors and gifts, whether big or small.
Will work best if:
- You are a beginner and need a simple journal.
- You are looking for a Christian-focused journal.
- You want to incorporate bible verse readings into your journaling.
- You are looking for a thoughtful gift idea for someone who loves faith journals.
- You are going through a spiritual journey and would like to accompany gratitude into it.
- You want to keep this beautiful journal as a keepsake once you are done with the 90day’s.
- You need some guidance (guided prompts) as you get into the rhythm of journaling.
- You want more depth in your journaling and don’t want to be limited by short repetitive prompts.
- You are looking for a 90-day gratitude challenge and don’t want to be overwhelmed by a yearlong gratitude journal.
- You love beautiful interiors! This journal has beautiful flowers on the interior of every page to act as an inspiration. The flowers symbolize the beautiful growth and blooming of gratitude in your life as you journal.
Warmest regards in your gratitude journaling journey!