This blog post is all about don’t skip the process
Gosh, I’m super happy to be sharing this blog post today!❤️
Why? When it comes to achieving our goals and ambitions, we often look for the quickest route there. We try to find hacks, shortcuts, and tricks that help us get there faster.
But have you ever considered that sometimes life is much better when we embrace the process?
Well, that’s exactly what I’ll talk about today!
P.S. Towards the end of this post, I have an audio from my podcast episode. I go in-depth about this topic.
Ready? Let’s go.
What exactly does the “don’t skip the process” mean?
Don’t skip the process means taking the time to fully experience each step of the journey toward your goal instead of trying to rush through it.
It’s about understanding why certain steps are necessary and appreciating what they can teach you.
Seven benefits of the process (what it teaches you)
Yep- process can often feel like a tedious task 😓 that takes too long! However, taking the extra time (through process) to go through each step in life is always worth it.
Here are 7 benefits of process:
1) Growth– The process is an opportunity for growth as you learn more about yourself and develop new skills along the way. Without going through it, you’ll never reach your full potential.
2) Patience– The process will teach you patience and perseverance as you wait for the results of your hard work. This can help give you a greater appreciation for what you have achieved.
3) Perspective– Going through it gives you a perspective on how all the pieces fit together, which can be invaluable when looking at the bigger picture.
4) Knowledge– Every step is an opportunity to learn something new and gain knowledge that will help improve future endeavors.
5) Wisdom– Processing difficult emotions and experiences can lead to wisdom in our lives which helps us make better decisions going forward.
6) Appreciation – Going through the process can also help you to appreciate where you have come from and the journey that you have gone through.
7) Understand God’s Will– Finally, it is important to remember that if something is meant to be, God will make a way for us. As Romans 8:28 reminds us, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him” (NIV).
Lessons from the shocking story I listened to!!!
This past Monday, I listened to a story of a lady who built her multimillion-dollar clothing business from nothing more than an e-bay store.
She grew her company quickly with aggressive marketing strategies and innovative ideas that pushed boundaries – all without ever taking outside funding or having any prior experience in retail.
However, this lady had totally skipped process and was ill-prepared to handle the immense growth of her company. Major cracks in her leadership started to form. It translated to toxic work culture and other major issues.
Anyways, after missing critical steps in the legal and financial process, this lady lost control of her company. The company went belly up (bankrupt).
This story is a perfect example of what can happen when you skip the process – even if you may be successful for a time, it’s almost guaranteed that your success won’t last without taking the necessary steps to ensure everything is done correctly. Yep, skipping the process can be detrimental!
Here are some lessons I learned about this story and process:
1. Not following procedures can lead to mistakes or oversights that could have otherwise been avoided. Process provides structure and helps reduce errors in tasks like bookkeeping, filing taxes, and managing inventory.
2. Understanding the legal aspects of running a business is important. Skipping process could mean overlooking certain legal requirements and regulations. This can lead to costly fines or penalties down the line.
3. Without planning ahead and mapping out your goals and objectives, it can be difficult to measure where you are in relation to those goals. Process helps keep you on track and provides a better understanding of how far you have come versus how much more work there is left to be done.
4. Process forces us to slow down, think through our decisions, and weigh the pros and cons more carefully before making them. This can provide invaluable insights into potential opportunities or obstacles that may arise in the future.
5. Going through the process enables us to learn from our experiences and make adjustments as needed. We can then apply this new knowledge to future projects, ensuring that each time we get closer to executing our vision with greater accuracy.
6. Process gives us the opportunity to build relationships and collaborations with other professionals in our industry. This allows us to share ideas and gain insights into how others are addressing their own challenges.
7. Finally, process helps keep us accountable by providing a timeline for certain tasks. This allows us to stay on top of deadlines while also ensuring that all aspects of our project are properly addressed promptly.
Here is my in-depth discussion on this topic:
Truth Cove – A Pioneer Christian Empowerment Website – That Christian Blogger
And that’s it, folks, don’t skip the process!
At times it can be difficult to stay patient and trust in the process! (Trust me I know this first hand!!😭).
But when we do trust the process, we are rewarded with growth, wisdom, and appreciation for our journey.
Here are some key Biblical “process” takeaways:
- Psalm 37:4 says, “Delight thyself also in the Lord, and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.” This means delighting in the Lord during the process & trusting that He will guide us through to their successful completion.
- Proverbs 16:3 reminds us, “Commit your works unto the Lord, and your thoughts shall be established.” This verse tells me process is essential for achieving our goals (whether big or small.) Yes, please Commit all your works to the Lord!
- The process helps ensure that we don’t miss any crucial steps, and with the right attitude and a firm belief in God’s word, it can lead to tremendous success.
You may also like this post that I wrote: