This post is all about prayers to break evil spiritual covenants
I’m super excited that you clicked this blog post. ❤️
I wrote a blog post on breaking evil altars last year and thought of adding this prayer blog post.
Why is prayer super important?
- As you know, prayer is an incredibly powerful form of spiritual warfare that can break evil covenants and set up new ones with Christ.
- Prayer helps us submit our lives to God’s will, giving us the strength to resist temptation and stand firm in our faith.
- Through prayer, we can ask for God’s protection from evil and guidance to make wise choices.
- Breaking evil covenants is integral to spiritual growth, and prayer can give us the power to do it effectively.
This blog post will explore five detailed and engaging prayers specifically designed to break evil covenants and establish a new covenant with Christ.
Each prayer has its own unique purpose, but please customize the prayers because, depending on your situation, you may need a more targeted prayer!
Ready? Let’s go!
Two TRUE mind-blowing revelatory stories…
I want to share how evil covenants can affect future generations.
A few years ago, I watched a documentary that followed two families in Kenya. These two families are/were unknowingly in evil ancestral covenants. Gosh, I sure hope they broke free!
Here are the unusual and revelatory stories…
- The first family experiences a peculiar event every day at sundown — all people born into the family become blind (not the ones married into the family) and regain their sight at sunrise.
- The second family experiences the opposite: they can see clearly at sundown but become blind when the sun rises.
Despite international, medical, and scientific consultation, the problem remained unresolved. Soon after, the elders shared that it was a bloodline issue stemming from an evil ancestral covenant. They were essentially telling them that the people with white lab coats don’t have medicine strong enough to solve the issue.
Now here is what was frustrating…the elder said they needed to do more “rituals” to fix the issue. I was like…noooo! (I was literally yelling at the TV.) Doing more rituals means essentially trading one evil covenant for another.
This was jaw-dropping. The documentary showed me how these generational curses affect not only the individuals involved but their entire lineage as well.
At that time, I was pretty green with my research, so I thought about this story for dayysssss. It highlighted how important it is to learn about our lineage so we can be aware of any potential issues that exist.
What I hope…
I hope this blog post will shed some light on the issue of generational curses and how they can affect us in our day-to-day lives.
I believe that if we understand its consequences, we can take steps to change the direction of our futures.
In my blog post on altars, I highlight looking at your own life and looking for patterns that signal evil covenants.
We need to make sure we are aware of our heritage to avoid similar situations in our descendants’ futures. Being mindful and proactive can eliminate any ties associated with evil ancestral covenants.
Often, it will take the violent who are willing to, by all means, break free- for future generations sake! By being violent, I don’t mean yelling and screaming scripture (although sometimes I do this LOL)…it means digging into your spiritual warfare arsenal or toolbox and basically reading the enemy the RIOT ACT! (Sorry for shouting in all-caps, lol)
Matthew 11:12 And from the time of John Baptist until now, the Kingdom of God suffers violence. And the violent take it by force.
My question to you- are you ready?
Examples of evil spiritual covenants
Unfortunately, I’m not pulling this from thin air… this is all true. 🙏🏿
I’ve been compiling a list from my research and studies for sometime…not exhaustive, but you’ll get the gist of it all.
- Worshipping false idols – worshipping any false idol, be it a statue or anything else that is not God, would be considered an evil covenant.
- Participating in activities that are rooted in pagan deities- i.e., burning sage, yoga, yoni steams, chanting, spells, etc. All these activities are seen as forming an unholy covenant with evil forces. (P.S. Don’t worry my blog post on yoga is coming soon…)
- Involvement in a demonic ritual – participating in rituals involving offerings, curses, and other forms of worship performed for demons could be seen as making a covenant with the dark forces.
- Contact with satanic agents – this can include contact with witches and other practitioners of dark magic, palm readers, and any other direct communication with beings from the spirit realm.
- Birthing on a Satanic altar/shrine – this can involve being born in a place that is dedicated to evil, where sacrifices are made, and rituals are performed for demonic powers. This is common in Africa when someone is struggling to conceive and consults an evil altar. They typically dedicate the child back to the evil spiritual altar.
- Drinking of tainted beverages or unholy food – consuming any kind of blood or food that has been tainted by dark spiritual forces can be considered an evil covenant. At times, people are told to eat certain foods with strict directives so as to seal the evil covenant.
- Naming or baby dedication before conception involves making a covenant before conception, as if the unborn child is being dedicated or consecrated to an evil power or deity.
- Participation in Satanic celebrations or festivals – attending festivals that involve worshiping satanic entities or performing rituals for them can be viewed as forming a covenant.
- Receiving peculiar money or cursed gifts – receiving money or gifts from sources with ties to evil entities can be seen as forming an unholy pact.
- Residing in a cursed home or land – many believe that certain places can be cursed due to the activities of their inhabitants or due to curses placed upon them in the past.
- Involvement in ancestral sins – engaging in any kind of practices related to the occult, or other forms of magic, can be seen as entering into a pact with evil spirits.
- Offering sacrifices to demonic powers can involve sacrificing animals, libation, or anything else deemed valuable to appease demonic powers and honor their presence.
- Selling souls to the enemy – this is considered one of the most serious covenants; it involves offering up your soul in exchange for power, fame or favors.
- Interaction and handling of cursed objects – this includes handling objects that have a spiritual attachment, objects that someone with spiritual powers has cursed, and objects that are believed to bring bad luck or misfortune.
- Witchcraft initiation involves being initiated into a coven and taking part in rituals and activities related to witchcraft.
- Breaking the commandments of God includes breaking any of the Ten Commandments, which are seen as forming an unholy covenant with evil forces.
Bible verses on breaking evil spiritual covenants
While this isn’t an exhaustive list, I want to sample some verses from the Old and New Testaments to highlight a few things:
God is a holy and powerful God who will not tolerate evil covenants. In Isaiah 9:8-17, He warns of the consequences of entering into a covenant with the enemy.
In Jeremiah 9:13-14, we see that Israel has turned to Baal worship. Let’s read …The Lord said, “It is because they have forsaken my law, which I set before them; they have not obeyed me or followed my law. Instead, they have followed the stubbornness of their hearts; they have followed the Baals, as their ancestors taught them.”
After that, the Lord says, “I will feed them with wormwood and give them water of gall to drink” (Jeremiah 9:15). This indicates that those who form such ungodly alliances will experience pain and devastating consequences.
God also reminds us in Isaiah 54:17 that those who are in a covenant with Him are protected. This verse states, “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.”
In addition to this, Isaiah 8:9-10 assures us that God will always protect those who put their trust in Him. When He makes a covenant, He will keep His promises to us and never break them.
In Mark 14:24, Jesus says, “This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.” This verse shows the impact of Jesus willingly dying on the cross for us. By His death on the cross and through His resurrection, He established a New Covenant with mankind.
Finally, Matthew 18:18 gives us yet another reminder of the power of God’s covenant with us. Jesus says, “Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.” With this, He assures us that whatever covenant we enter into with Him here on earth will be honored and kept by Heaven.
In conclusion, it is clear from these scriptures that God’s covenants are powerful and binding. We must remember to always seek His approval before entering into any agreement, for it is only through Him that our efforts can truly succeed.
No matter how tempting the promise of an evil covenant may seem, the consequences of breaking His law are far too serious to ignore. Thus, let us all strive to remain faithful to God’s word and always uphold His covenants.
Prayer 1: Renunciation
This prayer is a declaration of rejection of any involvement or connection with anything that has power over us and any allegiance to it, including the devil’s kingdom and his servants. It helps break curses and strongholds that have been passed down from generation to generation. This prayer acknowledges Jesus Christ’s Lordship and recognizes His authority over all things.
Heavenly Father, I come before you today to repent my sins and renounce the evil covenants that I or my ancestors have made with forces of darkness.
I repent for entering into these dark agreements contrary to your will. I recognize that these covenants were made without permission and against your word. And so, in humility and with a contrite heart, I ask for your forgiveness.
In Jesus’ Name, I cancel all covenants with any forces of darkness that I entered into as an act of rebellion against You. I repent so that I can be restored and serve you! (Jeremiah 15:19). And by his perfect sacrifice on the cross, I am restored to a right relationship with You.
I renounce any and all associations with the occult, sorcery, witchcraft, or divination (Deuteronomy 18:10-12). I recognize these things are abominations in Your sight and should have no place in my life.
I declare that I am solely devoted to You and your Kingdom (Colossians 3:2). I surrender all my plans and purposes to you. And by faith, I choose to trust in your good plan for my life.
I renounce the lies of the enemy! I turn away from evil thoughts and deceptive messages and cling only to your promises – which are true and sure.
Thank you for your forgiveness and mercy, which is new every morning (Lamentations 3:22-23). I declare that You are faithful to keep Your promises, and Your love never fails.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen!
Prayer 2: Pleading the power of the Name & blood of Jesus
This prayer helps us tap into the strength we receive when we call on Jesus’ name for help in our time of need. We can confidently stand upon God’s promises when relying on His power as “the name above all names” (Philippians 2:9). When we call upon the name of Jesus, His power is released to guide us and protect us.
Heavenly Father, I come before you in the name of Jesus. I plead the power of your precious, holy name and choose to cancel evil covenants in my life – any agreement with the enemy that seeks to produce oppression, fear, or destruction. I declare these evil covenants NULL AND VOID!
I exalt you Jesus because Ephesians 1:7 states “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace” Thank you for your redemption over my life and that of my family! Lord I declare I am no longer under a curse for it says in your word, “Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law..” (Galatians 3:13)
I use the authority given to me by Jesus Christ and declare myself free from all satanic rituals, curses, spells, incantations, offerings, pacts, and dedications (Deuteronomy 18:10-12). I command these demonic powers to loose their hold on me right now – in Jesus’s mighty name!
I thank you for shattering every yoke of bondage that was upon me (Isaiah 58:6) and destroying every false covenant made against me (Jeremiah 34:18). I thank you for protecting me from all evil and supernatural powers – that no weapon formed against me shall prosper (Isaiah 54:17).
Your Word says, “If God is for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31), so I choose to stand firm in faith and unwavering in your truth. I ask you to fill the void left by any act of desecration with your perfect love, joy, peace, and power.
Thank you for forgiving the sins of my fathers; that may have opened a spiritual door into our family line. Thank you for canceling any sin of my parents that are going to the third and fourth generation. (Exodus 20:5). I renounce any agreement that my ancestors or I have made in opposition to your will.
And I thank you for the power of the name of Jesus, which is able to break any chains and set me free from all demonic strongholds.
In Jesus’s name, I pray, amen. Amen. Amen. Amen.
Prayer 3: Demolish evil spiritual covenant and erect new covenant with Christ
This prayer helps break any spiritual bondage that has been established through wrong choices made in our lives or those of our ancestors and shifts the focus onto God’s covenant with us, which is founded on love, grace, and mercy. We can choose to accept Jesus’ invitation to enter into a new covenant relationship with Him that will enable us to live victoriously over sin and its consequences.
Heavenly Father, I thank You for the new covenant that you have established with me through your Son, Jesus Christ. I’m here to declare my commitment to you, and break any and all evil covenants that have been made against me.
I renounce any agreement or alignment I may have had with satan, his works, and their agents. I refuse to be bound by their lies and deceptions anymore. I reject their attempts to thwart my spiritual growth, relationships, finances, and anything else they seek to control in my life.
In Jesus’ name, I take authority over every lie and deception of the enemy concerning our family’s covenant with You, Lord God. Every attempt he has made to limit us is broken now as we exercise our authority and declare our covenant with You.
I proclaim the new covenant made through Jesus Christ: a covenant of life and peace, a covenant of healing, protection, and provision, and grace, mercy, favor, and love.
Lord God, I thank You for this new covenant that brings us back into perfect harmony with You. Let Your will be done in my life as I abide by Your holy word in every situation.
In Jesus’ Name, I pray, Amen.
Prayer 4: Prayer that will be said during fast
This prayer will leverage Isaiah 58:6. Fasting is super crucial for breaking evil covenants. Read more about fasting in my blog post titled, “8 Tips on How to Fast and Pray for a Breakthrough (Beginner Friendly).”
We come before you in submission and humility.
God, we ask that as we fast today, you would break any covenants made with evil spirits in our lives or the lives of those close to us. We know that Isaiah 58:6 says, “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?” And so, God, we ask that any yoke of evil covenant be broken today.
We pray for protection over our lives and the lives of those we love. We ask for your angelic forces to guard us from further spiritual attacks. Fill us with your peace, joy, and strength as we live in freedom through your grace.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Prayer 5: Thanksgiving for victory
This prayer is a way of thanking and praising God for His victory over the strongholds in our lives. We praise Him for His power to set us free from any oppression or fear that once held us captive. We can express our gratitude that He has broken any ties with the enemy, lifted us out of bondage and given us freedom to live as children of God.
We come to You in great humility and thankfulness for all You have done in our lives. We thank You for breaking any evil covenants that Satan has set over us, and for giving us victory through Jesus Christ. We are so grateful for Your mercy and grace that has saved us from the chains of sin and darkness.
You have set us free from bondage, and we praise You for it! Thank you for your protection and guidance throughout our lives. We are thankful that we can depend on You no matter the situation or circumstance.
We cling to these promises found in Your Word: “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” (John 8:36)
Lord, we thank You for all these things and much more. We ask that You continue to keep us in Your loving arms and give us the strength to follow You always.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
And that’s it, folks, prayers to break evil spiritual covenants
As we have seen, prayer is a powerful tool to help us draw closer to God and connect with Him intimately.
By using these five detailed prayers, we can engage in meaningful Christian prayer that helps break evil covenants and build a stronger relationship with Christ
As always, seek the Holy Spirit to guide you into true discernment and all truth! May God bless you as you seek Him in prayer!
I declare the chains are broken in Jesus’ name!
P.S Please share this blog post so that it can cause a chain reaction….especially for those who seek to be set free from evil spiritual covenants.
2 thoughts on “5 Powerful Prayers to Break Evil Spiritual Covenants”
Thank you for your articles. They have opened my heart and to know the word of God.
Hello Daniel, I’m so touched that the articles have blessed you…to the point it has opened your heart to the word of God. I pray that the Lord continues to bless you and increase you!!! Thanks again for your kindness.