Here is a bit of a lighthearted post ♥️
When the stay-at-home order was issued in March, I was concerned about how I would do it all. (I am a masters student and a mother of three!) After seeking God, I remember hearing “reset”. I quickly realized that I was finally getting time to “reset” and get back to the basics. There were things I always wanted to do and I feel that I was given time to finally get to it …thanks to the grace of God!
1. Deeper Bible studying! I purchased some really good bible study materials to help me not only study the word but learn the historical background of certain scripture. I feel that my bible reading game is on another level now! Woo hoo! ❤️
2. Photography & Videography! I have always been curious about photography! So I got a cool camera and I have been testing my skills out! 📷 🎥
3. Self-care! Yes, I finally get to take long baths with Epsom salts. I am really valuing my mommy time! 💐
4. Family dinners! I always wanted to re-create my family tradition of eating at the dining table. My dad was so strict about it! Due to being a busy work mom, I would sometimes skip family dinners at the dining table. I am glad to say my family now has a fixed time for family dinners. My husband sometimes chips in to cook some specialty meals too! (Score!!!) Today he cooked Brussel sprouts, baked chicken and potatoes! 🥘
5. Spending time with the kiddos! Daycare and schools closed in March and now I have been my kids primary caregiver. It’s been amazing! When I was a full time working mom, I missed so many milestones as I had to sacrifice to help supplement our income. Now, we get to save daycare money and I remain at home with the kids. 🥰
What have you worked on during this period of reset?